October 12, 2010

Oh to be Thankful

This Thanksgiving weekend has been a good one. Roly and I celebrated first with his family and then with mine. We left for the mainland very early Saturday morning and spent Saturday at his parents house watching movies (I napped) because being up at 430 am is not really my thing so I could barely keep my eyes open. On Sunday we had a delicious turkey dinner with yummy stuffing which Rolands mom puts bacon in mmmm and had a birthday cake for Roland since it is is birthday today. I was really tired again so I ended up going to bed pretty early. I just have not been able to stay awake for the past week, I guess they weren't lying when they said first trimester tiredness can come back in full  swing the third trimester. 
My parents were cooking dinner for monday so we had to get back to the island asap. We were supposed to catch the twelve but were late by one minute because the ferry stops selling walk on tickets ten minutes to sailing time so we ended up on the one which was fine. We had another amazing turkey dinner with my family including Grandma and the Whiddens. Roland also got another birthday cake (lucky guy). This time it was ice cream cake though which is his favorite.
I absolutely love this time of year and I love that we have a holiday to remind us to be thankful for the things which we have. I am thankful for so many things. I am thankful for the most amazing, caring, and loving husband a girl could ask for. I am thankful for the health my father-in-law has  been blessed with over the past few weeks. I am thankful for the greatest, most supporting family who are always there for my husband and I no matter what. I am greatful that I have had a easy (for the most part) pregnancy and that I have a healthy baby boy to meet soon. I am also thankful for the gospel and the hope and comfort it brings to our lives. 
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment