October 02, 2010

Mom, Babe, and Dad Update

It has been one very busy stress-filled week this week. Both good and bad stress though! Roland's dad went in for his surgery to get his pacemaker defibrillator taken out because he had an infection in the area and it was really bad. When they went in they realized that the infection had gotten to his heart, also when they took the pacemaker out his heart had grown over it a bit so they had to use a laser to take it out. When we heard what had happened and that his dad was in ICU we rushed to the ferry and went over to go see him. When we finally got over there it ended up that he was out of ICU and that he is doing much better. He is still on the antibiotics for the infection but from what I understand it seems to be going away (thank you Heavenly Father.) He is going in for another surgery Monday to get his pacemaker defibrillator back in but they are putting that on the other side this time. So, we are praying that everything  goes smoothly, could you please pray too? It was a very quick trip though because Roland started his new job on Friday and we had gone over Wednesday so we came back Thursday evening. 
This weekend is also General Conference. We went to the the morning session today and it was great. I love hearing the church authorities speak and teach the Gospel to us. I can't wait till we can actually go to Salt Lake  to see General Conference. My family is there right now and I am super jealous. I didn't go to the second session today though because my birth mom Deena threw me a baby shower and it was  so great. I got to meet a couple people from my birth family I didn't know and baby Joseph got some really great stuff! The baby shower was so much fun! And there was a ton of really good food. I ate so much that I just finished eating dinner now because I hasn't hungry until like 9:00! (it was a really delicious grilled cheese made for me by my wonderful hubby.I love him so much.) I'm so grateful to have such a loving caring support system around me it feels amazing and I feel so incredibly blessed.
We are also looking after my family dog Zoe this weekend. Even though we aren't technically allowed pets or visiting pets in the building. We have a cat though that they let us have. I'm just praying someone doesn't hear her barking and complain!
Because of us going to visit my father-in-law I had to postpone my doctors appointment till Monday. I am pretty sure Joseph is engaged because it hurts so much to walk especially right after I get up from sitting or laying down. Although everyone says I don't look like my belly has changed but he has been super low my whole pregnancy so I doubt it will change. Like I have said a million times before I am so ready to have this baby!
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment