December 17, 2010

Being a New Dad

Nov 7, 2010 was the beginning of the end of  Chelsea's pregnancy, and the end to the first stage of Joseph's life. 53 minutes after midnight, Nov 8, 2010, our son was born. 8 lbs 12 ozs of our boy came out of my wife with barely a cry, and alert as can be. The sheer joy that overcame me upon seeing our son for the first time was overwhelming, too the point of tears. Being at Chelsea's side had me torn... do I stay with and comfort my wife, or do I go and hold our son for the first time? I chose to stay with Chelsea until she said to go... which wasn't very long. Then I got to clip the remainder of Joseph's umbilical cord (not as tough as it's made out to be), see Joseph weighed and tested, and FINALLY got to hold our son, whom I immediately brought over to take some pictures with and meet his mom. While Chelsea was getting put back together after her c-section, Joseph and I went to meet his Grandma and Grandpa Sherwood, Grandma Larocque, Grandma Deena, and Uncle Jason. I have never seen such a calm and alert newborn as he turned his head to hear who was talking and see who was holding him. Everyone was overjoyed to see the healthy baby boy. We spent the next few nights in the hospital and had many visitors, all of whom welcomed our bundle of joy into this world. I can't wait to watch our boy grow and grow and see what adventure life has for us Larocques. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment