September 21, 2010

A New Direction

Well, I'm at it again. Looking for a new job. A career. Something to put food on the table for my family and keep myself happy and fulfilled while doing it. I guess that it's better to do this now, as opposed to when our child is born, but I never thought I'd have to do this the month before our baby arrives. So I've been looking online and going to job fairs. I've been thinking about labour jobs that pay well and sales jobs with no guarantees. I've been looking at apprenticeships in the trades, and even looked into the Department of National Defense for these positions. I'd love to start my own personal training company, but I need to do the course first and don't have the money for it. Plus, is it recession proof? I'm at a point in my life where I can't just do what I want to do on a whim. I have obligations. I have responsibilities. So, with my experience in customer service and sales, I'm seeking employment in the same field, once again. Being in Victoria is very hard, in that aspect, as I have found several opportunities, but none with a salary of more than $12 per hour. I am not afraid of commission only positions, but Chelsea is not a fan. If I can't rely on the salary to cover our living expenses, then she is not secure in the fact that we will survive month to month. If we can cover our living expenses with the salary, we can rely on commission for getting ahead in life. But where do I find such a position in Victoria? Why are all the good paying positions in Victoria for the well-educated? I feel as though the options here are either for the upper class or for those that serve them. There is no in between. Perhaps we are destined for a new location for our new direction.

Roland

2 comments:

  1. Hi Roland! Kobe wants you to give him a call. He says where he works they're always hiring. He gets a pretty good salary and commision as well, which is nice! 250-381-3991.
    Nichelle Perneel.
    ps. we would love to do something with you guys sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nichelle! I had a great interview today and may be starting a new job on Monday, but I'll keep that in mind! And yes, we should!

    ReplyDelete