September 04, 2010

Two Months Until Dad-dom

The excitement hasn't waned! In fact, I'm more excited now than ever before to become a father... And the reality of it all is beginning to set in! Not that I didn't know he was coming, but unlike Chelsea, his physical presence hasn't been a reality to me, apart from a few beats of the heart and the ultrasounds. It seems unfair that mom gets to know the joys of the physical being of a child well before the father. Outstretched, Lil Joe's footprints can be seen rising out of his mothers stomach just below her sternum. His movements are brought to my attention by her yelps of enjoyment as he tickles her ribs with his toes... Strong legs! Perhaps he'll be a fast skater? Or a SYTYCD star? Only time will tell. The final two months are extremely exciting to me. I'm excited for the big day, and it could be any time, really. I think it'll be before the due date... Or maybe I just hope that! I'm pretty sure he'll be born October 12th. It'll make a nice birthday present, for sure. :D I'm not worried about sleepless nights or changing diapers, I welcome it. I can't WAIT for the opportunity to bond with my mini me! There are so many things I look forward to passing on and sharing with my son, and so many things we'll be able to learn together. I look forward even to the things that he'll be able to teach me about myself, as I'm sure he will. I wait patiently until that day...

Roland

No comments:

Post a Comment