September 04, 2010

Oh the Joys of Prenatal Classes

Roland and I had our first prenatal class on Thursday night. It was the longest three hours of my lie, and Rolands considering he fell asleep once! But, if I wasn't scared enough before of the delivery process I definitely am now. The first stage of labor can last up to 12 hours? excuse me what did you just say? 12 hours and it isn't even active labor! aahhh to put it lightly I was having a major freak out session in my head. We also got to see a nice little video of a crowning baby, I was totally grossed out I could barely even watch! I mean I am sure that this class will be extremely helpful, and that we will learn a lot. But, for the first class giving us all the gruesome details and showing us a video? Isn't that a little much?
There is some good news though. I found out that I am not huge for my dates contrary to popular belief by the women who decide its appropriate to comment on how huge I am. I am actually a little smaller then most which makes me feel less self conscious! Question: Why do most women feel they have the right to say things like "wow your so big!" or my personal favorites "are your sure there isn't two in there?" and "Your dates MUST be wrong, there is no way your ONLY seven months with the size of that belly." Like really? common now. Just because you had your children a million years ago and you don't remember how big you actually got doesn't mean you can say "Wow you look like your about to pop!" No, actually I do not look like I am about to pop, I look like I am a healthy seven months pregnant thank you very much! I really can not stand the fact that people just think they have the right to comment on the size of a pregnant woman, you would never comment on the size of a woman if she weren't pregnant. So, unless your commenting on how beautiful my belly is please keep those comments to yourself.

                                    This is me at 31 weeks so a half a week ago
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment